- Herno, the leader in luxury sportwear meets Pierre-Louis Mascia, the great illustrator of prints and contemporary color. For the FW 16-17 collection this new co-branding will generate a capsule collection of men’s and women’s garments that blend the tailoring expertise of Herno with Mascia’s visionary esthetics.
- the established brand Roy Roger's, part of the Florentine company Manifatture 7 Bell Spa, is at Pitti exclusively previewing the new capsule collection The Sartorialist for Roy Roger's. The collection, created in collaboration with esteemed street style photographer Scott Schuman, consists of essential items creating a modern and contemporary men's total look;
- the British luxury brand Aquascutum will be coming back to Pitti Uomo with its DNA made by fine craftsmanship and technical innovation since 1851 and will present the menswear collection fw 2016 together with its iconic Rainwear Collection;
- it’s a reentry for Strellson the contemporary menswear brand from Switzerland that will be showing in an independent space in the Polveriera.
- PT05 Pantaloni Torino has chosen Pitti Uomo as the presentation platform for its new line;
- a new start and new financing for Il Bisonte, the famous Tuscan leather goods brand;
- Canada Goose is opting for an independent space in the Fortezza in Piazzale delle Ghiaia to present their new project to the public at Pitti Uomo;
- Matchless London, the legendary British motorcycle company that is also known for biker clothing and accessories will be at Pitti Uomo to launch their new collection, and will be bringing more than 25 rare bikes including the iconic Model X Reloaded!
- Pyrenex, the historic French outdoor brand has confirmed that it will be at Pitti Uomo with the new collection;
- and the Champion by Beams capsule collection – the fruit of cooperation between the sportswear brand and the famous Japanese store - will be at Pitti Uomo;
- The Black Mountain Clothing Company, with its innovative menswear concept and outdoor roots, debuts at Pitti Uomo in a special installation dedicated to the Technical Heritage, Sport and Expedition lines;
- Superdry, the Anglo lifestyle brand will be reaffirming its unique style in an original 600 square meter area – Archivi 3 – with a special focus on the premium menswear collection, designed in collaboration with the British actor Idris Elba;
- the come-back of Franklin & Marshall with a special area in the Spazio Belfiore to present its world;
- an absolute first at Pitti Uomo for Patrizia Pepe, who will be showing in an independent area of the Costruzioni Lorenesi;
- among the names to mention, Nobis will also be with us and will hold a cocktail-event in the city during Pitti Uomo.
- Caruso launches the world premiere of the second episode of The Good Italian, a series of short movies - starring Giancarlo Giannini – to celebrate the Italian lifestyle.
And furthermore, on 13 January
- Sala Riunioni, primo piano dell’Area Monumentale - the presentation of the book “Il Gentiluomo senza Cappello” written by Mario Dell'Oglio
, president of the Italian Fashion Buyer Chamber (Camera Italiana Buyer Moda). The fashion journalist Simone Marchetti and the buyer Beppe Angiolini will take part too.
The brand DOPPIAA, will debut at Pitti Uomo with its FW 2016-17 collection and the special event “Generazioni di Artisti, Generazioni di Stile”, inside the unique venue of the Opificio delle Pietre Dure, at the Fortezza.
And, also on the occasion of Pitti Uomo 89, Peopleunbranded, innovative e-commerce project, entirely created in Italy will be presented.